broccoli with lemon butter and thyme breadcrumbs
- 1.5kg broccoli, cut into florets
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) dry white wine
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (35g) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the broccoli in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to standfor 2 minutes, drain well and place in a large roasting pan.
- Place the butter, lemon rind, lemon juice and wine in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the butter is melted. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the breadcrumbs, thyme and oil in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the broccoli and roast for 20 minutes or until golden andthe broccoli is tender. Serves 6
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.