apple crumble cookies
- ⅔ cup (180ml) light flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (180g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2¼ cups (200g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal (whole-wheat) plain flour, sifted
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 small green apples, core removed and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the oil, sugar, egg, vanilla and cinnamon into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the oats, flour and baking powder and mix until combined. Add the chopped apple and mix until combined.
- Using damp hands, press cupful’s of mixture into balls and place on baking tray. Gently press each cookie to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 22–24 minutes, or until golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the tray. Makes 12
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.