base muffin mixture
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (220g) raw caster (superfine) sugar+
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil or light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the egg, oil, vanilla and milk in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and fold until almost combined.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes 1 quantity
TIPS + TRICKS
+ Raw caster sugar has a honey-caramel flavour, making it perfect for baking. If unavailable, use regular caster sugar.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.