carrot and quinoa falafels
- 1 large (150g) carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 cup (85g) quinoa flakes+
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- store-bought pita breads, watercress sprigs and store-bought hummus, to serve
- Place the carrot, quinoa, coriander, onion, lentils, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until just combined. Roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture into balls and flatten slightly.
- Fill a medium, deep saucepan half-full with oil and place over medium heat until the temperature reaches 160°C on a deep-frying thermometer. Cook the falafels, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden and,crunchy. Drain on paper towel.
- Place pita breads and watercress in serving bowls and top with the falafels. Sprinkle with pepper and serve with hummus. Makes 10.
+ Quinoa flakes are available from health stores and the health food aisle of the supermarket.
donna hay team
Hi Julia, yes no problem at all. The DH team
Can these be made ahead frozen and reheated or just allowed to thaw?