Chocolate chip cookies
with extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (260g) wholemeal spelt flour
- ½ cup (60g) hazelnut meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup raw caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) Cobram Estate light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 120g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the oil, vanilla, egg, and maple syrup and mix well to combine. Add the chocolate and mix. Roll tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and flatten.
- Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 14–16 minutes or until brown. Allow the cookies to cool on trays before serving. Makes 14
There are no comments for this entry yet.