basic pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast+
- ¼ teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- ¾ cup (185ml) lukewarm water
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- Combine the yeast, sugar and water in a bowl. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until bubbles appear.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and stir until it comes together. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 20–30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.++
+ Out-of-date yeast may be inactive, so check the expiry date before using.
++ The optimum temperature for the dough to rise is 27°C
FOR COOKING TIMES,
CLICK RECIPE LINKS BELOW:
Thank you for an easy reliable recipe, I love it. Make it. Use it. Make it. Freeze it. May be an older recipe, but it is becoming a new stand-by for this old girl. Great vehicle for the home-grown veggies in all seasons.
Donna Hay done it again simply the best.
donna hay team
Hi Cat, yes you can use either plain (all-purpose) flour or OO (superfine) flour. Underneath the recipe, we have included links to suggested recipes for cooking times. Happy cooking!
Hi donna, your book says 00 flour compared to your recipe here. Can either fliur be used?
Hi Donna what temp and how long do you cook the pizza dough in the oven? once dough has risen, and toppings on top. Thankyou
For many years I have tried so many different pizza dough base recipes. But this one….. this one is a winner!! I can make two large thin pizzas with this recipe.
This recipe makes 1 large or 2 small pizzas. Super easy. Tastes good. Will use it again.