cheat’s spinach, ricotta
and pumpkin lasagna
- 750g store-bought spinach and ricotta ravioli
- 500g frozen spinach, thawed
- 4 cups (440g) grated butternut pumpkin (squash)
- 2 cups (560g) tomato passata (purée)
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 750g fresh ricotta
- 1 cup (100g) grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- ¼ cup (20g) grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Cook the ravioli in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until half cooked. Drain and layer half the ravioli in the base of a lightly greased 3.5-litre-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach and spread half over the ravioli. Top with half the ricotta.
- Combine the pumpkin, tomato, basil, salt and pepper and spread half over the ricotta. Repeat with another layer of pasta, spinach and pumpkin, finishing with a layer of ricotta. Sprinkle with the mozzarella, oregano and parmesan.
- Cover with non-stick baking paper and aluminium foil and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 35 minutes or until golden. Serves 8–10
There are no comments for this entry yet.