with green tahini and beetroot
- 4 seeded buns, halved
- 2 large beetroot, peeled and grated
- small baby beetroot leaves or lettuce leaves, to serve
- salted orange sweet potato (kumara) chips, to serve
- 2 x 400g (14 oz) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- ⅓ cup (90g/3 oz) ‘natural’ crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot chilli sauce
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1½ cups (45g/1½ oz) finely chopped kale
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (210g/7½ oz) hulled tahini
- ½ cup (125ml/4¼ fl oz) lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (80ml/2¾ fl oz) water
- ⅓ cup (4g/¼ oz) coriander leaves
- ⅓ cup (5g/¼ oz) mint leaves
- ⅓ cup (8g/¼ oz) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- To make the chickpea patties, place chickpeas, chia seeds, peanut butter, sriracha and cumin into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine or until just roughly chopped.
- Add the carrot, kale, salt and pepper and pulse lightly to just combine, then shape the mixture into 4 large flat patties.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and patties and cook for 6 minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
- While patties are cooking, make the green tahini. Place the tahini, lemon juice, water, coriander, mint, parsley, salt and pepper in a small food process or blender and process until smooth.
- To serve, spread the buns with the green tahini and divide beetroot, sorrel and chickpea patties between bases. Sandwich with the bun tops and serve with salted sweet potato chips. Serves 4
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.