cinnamon-spiced granola shards
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (265g) raw honey+
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups (60g) puffed rice
- 1½ cups (210g) slivered almonds
- 1 cup (150g) sunflower seeds
- ⅔ cup (115g) linseeds
- ½ cup (50g) LSA++
- almond milk, raspberries, blueberries and sliced apple, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the vanilla, honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the mixture comes to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cinnamon and allspice and mix to combine. Place the puffed rice, almonds, sunflower seeds, linseeds and LSA in a large bowl.
- Pour over the honey mixture, mix to combine and spread evenly over 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool, before breaking into shards.
- Divide between bowls and serve with almond milk, raspberries, blueberries and apple. Makes 9 cups.
+ Raw honey is from health food stores.
++ LSA is a mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. Find it in the health food aisle of the supermarket.
This granola is easy and delicious. Sometimes I add a handful of fruit such as dried cranberries, raisins etc.