coconut and oat french toast
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- melted unsalted butter, for brushing
- 8 slices wholemeal baguette
- ½ cup (45g) rolled oats
- store-bought raspberry chia jam, raspberries and blueberries, to serve
- Place the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with the butter. Dip half the bread slices in the egg mixture, sprinkle with oats and cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat with the remaining bread, egg mixture and oats. Divide the toast between plates and top with jam and berries. Drizzle with extra maple syrup to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.