haloumi rosti with chorizo
- 500g potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cups (260g) grated haloumi
- 1 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g air-dried chorizo, sliced
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream
- chilli flakes, to serve
- 2 cups watercress, to serve
- Place the potato, onion and haloumi in a colander placed over a bowl and press out any excess moisture. Place the potato mixture in a large bowl. Add the flour, pepper and half of the oil, and mix well to combine.
- Heat the remaining oil in 2 x 18cm non-stick frying pans over medium heat. Divide the potato mixture between the pans, press into an even layer and cook for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn out, return to the pan and cook for a further 6 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside on plates and keep warm.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until crispy. Top the rosti with the sour cream, chorizo, chilli flakes, pepper and watercress to serve. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.