spiced banana and buckwheat pancakes
- 1½ cups mashed banana (about 4 bananas)
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup (100g) buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup (55g) currants
- 1 tablespoon light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- raspberries, to serve
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts
- ⅓ cup (115g) honey, plus extra to serve
- Place the banana, eggs, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, mixed spice, baking powder, walnut and currants in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat and brush with a little of the oil. In batches, cook ¼-cups of the pancake mixture for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through, adding the remaining oil as needed. Set aside and keep warm.
- To make the caramelised walnuts, wipe out the pan with paper towel and increase heat to medium. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until toasted. Add the honey and cook for 1 minute or until reduced slightly. Divide the pancakes between plates, top with the raspberries and caramelised walnuts, and drizzle with extra honey to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.