sticky chai tea
- 16 cardamom pods
- 8 sticks cinnamon, broken into pieces
- 8 star-anise
- 6 cloves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 vanilla beans, split and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 cup (80g) loose black tea leaves
- ¾ cup (60g) shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon finely grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- ¼ cup (90g) honey, heated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place the cardamom, cinnamon, star-anise, cloves, fennel and vanilla in a mortar and pound with a pestle until small pieces form. Place the
spice mixture in a small bowl, add the tea, coconut, nutmeg and ginger, and mix to combine.
- Add the hot honey and lemon juice and mix well to combine. Place in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. Makes 1¼ cups
Tip: You can store this tea in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
There are no comments for this entry yet.