brown butter crackle cookies
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
1¼ cups (200g) rapadura sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (375g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pure icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for rolling
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until foaming. Whisk for 2–3 minutes or until a deep golden colour. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the butter and the rapadura sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and beat on low speed until combined. Cover the cookie dough loosely with a tea towel and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the icing sugar into a shallow bowl. Roll 1-tablespoon portions of the cookie dough into balls, then roll in the icing sugar to coat them.
- Place the dough balls on the prepared trays and bake for 10–12 minutes or until the cookies are just golden and set. Allow to cool on the trays before serving. Makes 26
Get crafty and make these sweet gift boxes for your crackle cookies. Download, print and use scissors to cut out the template, see link below.
This recipe is from Donna’s new series donna hay christmas, exclusive to Disney+
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.