chorizo and cauliflower bolognese
- 2 fresh chorizo sausages (casings removed), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 600g (1 lb 3 oz) cauliflower, finely chopped
- cracked black pepper
- 1 x 400g (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup (125ml/4¼ fl oz) beef stock
- 3 zucchini (courgettes), shredded using a julienne peeler
- 200g (7 oz) dried wholemeal (whole-wheat) spaghetti, cooked
- finely grated parmesan and fresh mozzarella, to serve
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan.
- Add oil, cauliflower and pepper to the frying pan and cook for 8 minutes or until cauliflower has softened and is just starting to brown. Return the chorizo mixture back to the pan and stir to combine. Add the tomato and stock. Reduce heat and simmer rapidly for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the bolognese over the zucchini noodles and warm pasta. Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan and a piece of fresh mozzarella. Serves 4
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.