pork and chorizo bolognese pies
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage leaves
- 500g pork mince
- 1 x 100g firm air dried chorizo, case removed and processed into mince
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic, fennel and sage and cook for 6–8 minutes or until softened.
- Add the mince and chorizo and cook for 10 minutes or until browned. Add the stock, tomatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the temperature to low and cook for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Allow to cool slightly. Using 4 x 300ml-capacity ovenproof pie dishes as a guide, cut 4 rounds from the pastry. Divide the mixture into the pie dishes and top each pie with pastry, press the edges to seal and brush with egg. Cut a small cross in the centre of each pie and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.