christmas cake ice-cream truffles
- 1 cup (250ml) store-bought vanilla ice-cream
- 200g store-bought Christmas fruit cake, crumbled
- 400g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper and place in the freezer to chill. Scoop the ice-cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed until softened. Add the cake and beat until just combined. Spoon into a loaf tin and freeze for 2 hours or until just set.
- Scoop 1-teaspoon portions of the ice-cream mixture into balls, place on the trays and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Place the chocolate and oil in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a metal spoon, stir until melted and smooth. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Working quickly, insert a toothpick into each truffle. Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate, allowing any excess to drip off and reserving the remaining chocolate. Stand the truffles in a piece of Styrofoam or thick cardboard. Return to the freezer for 10 minutes or until set.
- Lightly grease a wire rack and set it over a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Remove the toothpicks and place the truffles on the rack. Slowly drizzle the remaining chocolate over the truffles, remelting if necessary. Freeze truffles for 10 minutes or until set. Keep frozen until ready to serve. Makes 25
Tip: These ice-cream truffles will keep, frozen, for up to 2 weeks.
There are no comments for this entry yet.