LEMON CRANBERRY AND PISTACHIO CHRISTMAS TUILLES
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 eggwhite
- 2½ tablespoons plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1½ tablespoons Cobram Estate Australian Ultra Premium Picual extra virgin olive oil 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons slivered pistachios
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 2 large oven trays with non-stick baking paper. Whisk the sugar and eggwhite in a medium bowl for 1 minute or until frothy. Sift over the flour and whisk in the oil, lemon rind and vanilla until smooth. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the batter onto one of the trays. Spread with the back of a spoon to a very thin 8cm round. Repeat to make 16 rounds. Sprinkle with the pistachio and cranberry.
- Cook for 5–6 minutes or until the edges are golden. Transfer the tuilles on the baking paper to a wire rack. Set aside until cooled and crisp. Serve. Makes 16.
There are no comments for this entry yet.