rosemary and almond biscotti
- 3 cups (450g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup (80g) almonds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes, plus extra, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
1 cup (80g) finely grated pecorino
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
⅓ cup (80ml) Cobram Estate Australian Ultra Premium Hojiblanca extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the flour, baking powder, almonds, salt, rosemary and pecorino in a large bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre of the mixture, add the eggs, extra virgin olive oil and milk, and mix well to combine.
Divide the dough into 2 even portions and roll out to 25cm loaves. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush with extra oil and sprinkle with extra salt. Cook for 40 minutes, or until lightly golden. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the dough into 2mm-thick strips and place on 3 large oven trays lined with non stick baking paper. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Place on wire racks to cool completely before serving.
Note: You can store these biscuits in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
donna hay team
Hi Adrienne, it’s beautiful isn’t it? The glass is from Donna’s personal vintage collection. The DH team x
Where is the glass from??