coconut, apple and nut bircher muesli
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt, plus extra to serve +
- 1 cup (250ml) apple juice
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- ½ cup (80g) almonds, chopped, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup (70g) hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pink lady apples, grated
- 2 figs, halved
- vanilla bean paste and maple syrup, to serve
- Place the yoghurt, apple juice, coconut, almond, hazelnut, chia and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight (see tip, below).
- Add the apple and stir to combine. Divide between bowls and top with the extra yoghurt, vanilla, extra almond, fig and maple syrup to serve. Serves 4
Tip: This bircher muesli will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
+ Made with probiotic bacterial cultures, yoghurt can help maintain a healthy digestive system. Greek yoghurt is considerably thicker than plain yogurt, and is the perfect lower-fat alternative to cream or ice-cream in cooking. Look for natural varieties that don’t have any added sugar.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.