coffee coeur à la crème (heart of cream)
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 30g cream cheese
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons double (thick) cream
- ⅓ cup thick Greek-style (natural) yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder, dissolved in 1 teaspoon boiling water
- icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
- raspberries, to serve
- Place the mascarpone, cream cheese and vanilla seeds in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the sugar, cream, yoghurt and coffee and process until smooth.
- Line 2 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) porcelain heart-shaped moulds with 2 x 25cm squares of damp muslin. Spoon the cream mixture into the moulds until full and smooth the tops.
- Fold over the over muslin, place the moulds on a baking tray, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm. Carefully turn out and remove the muslin. Dust with icing sugar and serve with raspberries. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.