vietnamese coffee ice-cream
- 3 cups (750ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- ¾ cup (180ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (10g) instant coffee granules
- Place the cream, milk, condensed milk, vanilla and coffee in a large jug and whisk to dissolve the coffee.
- Pour the mixture into a 20 x 30cm metal slice tin and freeze for 3 hours or until firm and just frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a butter knife, break up the mixture into small pieces. Place the mixture in a food processor, in 2 batches, and process for 1–2 minutes or until just smooth, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon.
- Spoon the ice-cream into a 2-litre-capacity loaf tin and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Scoop into bowls or cones to serve. Makes 1.6 litres
I love this! I’ve never made ice cream before, don’t have a machine, and this ice cream is perfect! I only had 2 cups of cream, so, I had to make a smaller amount. I was afraid I messed up, because after the first freeze the ice cream was leathery, so I had to I cut it up into small pieces instead of breaking it. I tried using the food processor but it struggled and failed to get it to all be the same consistency. The blender worked much better. Thanks!