- 3 cups (750ml) single cream
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- store-bought wafer cones, to serve
- Place the cream, milk, icing sugar and vanilla in a large jug and whisk to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the mixture into a 20 x 30cm metal slice tin and freeze for 2½ hours or until firm and just frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a butter knife, break up the mixture into small pieces. Place the mixture in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until just smooth, breaking up any large pieces with a spoon.
- Spoon the ice-cream into a 2-litre-capacity loaf tin and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Scoop into cones or bowls to serve. Makes 1.6 litres
tips + tricks
+ Get creative and dip the tops of your cones in melted chocolate!
There are no comments for this entry yet.