date, nut and seed granola
- ⅓ cup (65g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1½ cups (240g) pepitas
- 1½ cups (240g) almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (80g) pecans, roughly chopped
- 15 fresh dates (280g), pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup (80g) currants
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds
- 2 cups (40g) coconut flakes
- coconut yoghurt and honeycomb, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the coconut oil, vanilla and orange rind in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the pepitas, almond, pecan, date, currants and chia seeds and stir to combine. Spread the mixture evenly over 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cook, stirring halfway, for 25 minutes. Add the coconut, mix to combine and cook for a further 5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Divide between bowls and serve with coconut yoghurt and honeycomb. Makes 8 cups.
There are no comments for this entry yet.