baked ricotta cheesecake
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 330g cream cheese, chopped and softened
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 1⅓ cups (295g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Lightly grease a 22cm round springform cake tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper. Set aside.
- To make the base, place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor and process for 1 minute or until a rough dough forms.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the base of the prepared tin. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until golden and just cooked. Set aside to cool slightly.
- While the base is baking, make the filling. Place the cream cheese, ricotta, sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. Place the cornflour and water in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Add the cornflour mixture and the eggs to the filling and process to combine.
- Lightly re-grease the sides of the cake tin and pour the filling over the base, tapping gently to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour or until light golden and just set. Allow to cool in the closed oven for 50 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on a cake stand or plate to serve. Serves 8–10
Soooo easy and simple to make. And absolutely hands down the best Baked Cheese Cake I’ve made
Every time I bake and share this gorgeous cheesecake, people say it was amazing, the best they have ever tasted.