- 1 x quantity basic pavlova (see link under recipe)
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (250g) sour cream
- 4 ladyfinger bananas, halved lengthways
- 2 store-bought digestive biscuits, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs, chopped+
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 ladyfinger banana, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons single (pouring) cream
- While the pavlova is cooling, make the banana caramel. Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to medium and cook, without stirring, for 8–10 minutes or until dark golden. While the caramel is cooking, place the banana, vanilla and cream in a small jug and blend, using a hand-held stick blender, until smooth. Remove the caramel from the heat, add the banana mixture and stir to combine. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the cream and sour cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form. Top the pavlova with the cream mixture and banana. Sprinkle with the cookie crumbs and cacao and drizzle with the banana caramel to serve. Serves 6
+ Find cacao nibs at health food stores and some supermarkets. You could use finely grated dark chocolate in their place.
There are no comments for this entry yet.