buttermilk panna cotta
- ⅓ cup (80ml) warm water
- 3 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk
- 1½ cups (375ml) buttermilk
- Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle with the gelatine. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the gelatine is absorbed. Place the cream, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to the boil, add the gelatine mixture and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and strain into a large bowl.
- Add the milk and buttermilk, stir to combine and divide the mixture between 6 x 10cm round (3⁄4-cup-capacity) deep-fluted tart tins. Refrigerate for 3–4 hours or until set+.
- Turn the panna cottas out onto plates to serve. Makes 6.
Tip: To turn the panna cottas out onto serving plates, invert the tin onto the plate and shake lightly to release.
There are no comments for this entry yet.