lime and pistachio cake
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1½ cups (180g) almond meal (ground almonds)+
- 1 cup (130g) pistachio meal (ground pistachios)+
- honey, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, sugar, lime rind and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 10–12 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat for a further 3–4 minutes or until well combined. Fold through the almond meal and pistachio meal until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 29cm x 7cm x 8cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Smooth the top with a palette knife and bake for 1 hour–1 hour 10 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin at room temperature. Carefully remove the cake from the tin and drizzle with honey to serve. Serves 6–8.
+It’s not always possible to buy different nut meals, but it’s very easy to make your own. Simply process the required quantity in a food processor until a fine meal forms. Store any leftover meal in an airtight container, as you would flour.
There are no comments for this entry yet.