chocolate-chip gingerbread cookies
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (230g) golden syrup
- 2½ cups (375g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 6–8 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until pale and creamy.
- Add the golden syrup, flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and mixed spice and beat until the mixture just comes together to form a smooth dough. Fold through the chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on large lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Flatten slightly and bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 24.
There are no comments for this entry yet.