chocolate gingerbread dough
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- ⅔ cup (230g) golden syrup
- 2⅔ cups (400g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ⅓ cup (35g) Dutch cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 10−12 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the syrup, flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and ginger and beat until a smooth dough forms. Flatten into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
+ You can use any leftover dough to make more biscuits. If the dough feels too soft, simply chill in the fridge for a few more minutes before rolling. You can keep any leftover cookies in an airtight container for 1–2 weeks.
For cooking time and serving suggestions see recipes below:
There are no comments for this entry yet.