chocolate, raspberry and coconut panna cotta bars
- 750g frozen raspberries
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (50g) white chia seeds
- ¼ cup (25g) coconut oil
- ¼ cup (7g) freeze-dried raspberries+, crushed
coconut cacao base
- 1 cup (120g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- ⅓ cup (65g) coconut oil, melted
- 10 fresh dates (200g), pitted
- ¼ cup (25g) raw cacao powder
coconut panna cotta
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1½ teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1¼ cups (310ml) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place the raspberries and maple syrup in a medium saucepanover high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15–18 minutes or until softened and liquid has reduced. Remove from the heat and add the chia seeds and coconut oil. Stir to combine and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). To make the coconut cacao base, place the oats, coconut, almond meal, coconut oil, dates and cacao in a food processor and process for 2–3 minutes or until the mixture comes together.
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper, smoothing the top with a spoon. Cook for 20 minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool slightly. Pour the raspberry chia jam over the cacao base, smoothing with a palette knife. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until completely cooled and firm.
- To make the coconut panna cotta, place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine. Stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes or until the gelatine has been absorbed.
- Place the coconut milk and honey in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to just below the boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the gelatine mixture until dissolved. Strain and set aside to cool completely.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture over the slice and refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely set. Cut into bars. Top with freeze-dried raspberries to serve. Makes 20.
+ You can find freeze-dried raspberries in health food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.