cocoa panna cotta
- 1/3 cup (80ml) warm water
- 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1½ cup (330g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup (100g) Dutch cocoa
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- Place the water in a small bowl, sprinkle over the gelatine and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the gelatine has been absorbed. Place the cream, sugar, vanilla bean paste and cocoa in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, stirring frequently, add the gelatine and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and strain into a bowl.
- Stir through the milk and pour the mixture into 6 x 10cm (180ml) deep fluted tart tins. Refrigerate for 3–4 hours or until set. Turn out onto plates to serve. Makes 6
For best results, make ahead of time and refrigerate overnight.
Tip: To turn the panna cottas out onto serving plates, invert the tin onto the plate and shake lightly to release the panna cotta.
There are no comments for this entry yet.