malted milk sugar cookies
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- ½ cup (45g) malted milk powder
- ¾ cup (165g) white (granulated) sugar
- ½ cup (90g) brown sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (55g) white (granulated) sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, bicarbonate of soda, malted milk powder and sugars in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the butter and egg and mix well to combine.
- Roll ¼-cups of the mixture into balls and roll in the extra sugar to coat. Place the balls, in batches, on 2 large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room to spread, and press slightly to flatten. Cook for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly before placing on a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookies. Serve. Makes 10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.