salted peanut butter and choc-chip skillet cookies
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- ¾ cup (135g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (110g) white (granulated) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (190g) smooth peanut butter
- 175g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (70g) unsalted peanuts
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- store-bought vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the flour, bicarbonate of soda, both the sugars, the egg, vanilla, peanut butter, butter, chocolate and peanuts in a large bowl and mix to combine. Divide between 8 x 10cm round (1-cup-capacity) heavy-based ovenproof frying pans (skillets) and press to cover the bases evenly, with the mixture coming halfway up the sides of the pans. Place on a large oven tray and bake for 15–18 minutes or until golden brown but still a little soft in the centre. Allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with salt and top with ice-cream to serve. Serves 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.