dark chocolate, clementine and honeycomb truffles
- ¾ cup (180ml) single (pouring) cream
- 600g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 candied clementines (100g)+, finely chopped
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (85g) store-bought honeycomb, crushed
- Place the cream in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and top with the hot cream. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a metal spoon, stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the clementine and stir to combine. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 2–3 hours or until just firm.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- Place the 70% dark chocolate and oil in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a metal spoon, stir until melted and smooth. Insert a toothpick into each truffle.
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate, allowing any excess to drip off. Stick the truffles into a piece of styrofoam or thick cardboard.
- Sprinkle with the honeycomb and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Remove truffles from the toothpicks to serve. Makes 48.
+ Candied clementines are available from specialty food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.