chewy chocolate almond bars
- 1 cup (250g/8¾ oz) almond butter
- ½ cup (125ml/4¼ fl oz) pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (60g/2 oz) coconut flour
- ⅓ cup (45g/1½ oz) rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 180g (6¼ oz) dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (125g/4½ oz) almond butter
- Line a 20cm (8 inch) square cake tin with non-stick baking paper, allowing paper to overhang on all sides.
- Place the almond butter, maple, flour, oats and vanilla in a bowl and mix to combine. Using the back of a spoon, press mixture into the prepared tin.
- To make the choc-almond topping, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted and smooth. Add the almond butter and stir until combined. Pour the chocolate over the base and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Makes 18 bars
+ There’s nothing like having a supply of better-for-you snack bars on hand for when the mood strikes. This amazingly simple, super-delicious raw slice never fails to satisfy those sweet cravings.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.