Flourless chocolate mud cake
with extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ cups (300g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ¾ cup (60g) raw cacao powder, plus extra for dusting
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup (165ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (110g) raw caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- fresh blueberries and blackberries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the almond meal and cacao in a large bowl and mix to combine. Place the eggs, oil, sugar, maple syrup, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 20cm round cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 40–45 minutes or until the cake is just set. Allow to cool in the tin. Dust with extra cacao powder and top with fresh berries to serve. Serves 14
There are no comments for this entry yet.