lamington ice-cream bars
- 2 litres store-bought coconut ice-cream+
- 400g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 4 cups (300g) shredded coconut
- Line a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper and freeze until ready to use. Scoop the ice-cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed until softened. Spoon into the tin and spread evenly with a palette knife. Freeze for 4–5 hours or until frozen.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper. Remove the ice-cream from the tin and slice into 12 bars. Place the bars on the tray and freeze for a further 1 hour.
- Place the chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (the bowl shouldn’t touch the water) and stir until melted. Allow to cool completely.
- Spread the coconut in a thin layer on a tray. Working quickly, remove 2–3 ice-cream bars at a time from the tray in the freezer. Use 2 forks to dip each bar into the chocolate, then press gently into the coconut to coat. Return to the tray in the freezer immediately and repeat with the remaining bars, chocolate and coconut. Freeze for 1–2 hours or until very firm, before serving. Makes 12
+ You can buy coconut ice-cream at specialty grocers, gourmet food stores and major supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.