raspberry sorbet ice-cream sandwiches
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 4 cups (640g) frozen raspberries
- 8 store-bought round shortbread biscuits
- fresh raspberries, to serve
- icing (confectioner’s) sugar, to dust
- Place the water, sugar, vanilla and lemon rind in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 6 minutes or until reduced and syrupy. Set aside syrup to cool slightly.
- Place the syrup and raspberries in a food processor and process until combined. Pour mixture into a 20cm x 30cm metal tin and freeze for 3–4 hours or until set.
- Cut the sorbet into squares. Working in batches, place the sorbet in a food processor and process until smooth. Return the sorbet to the metal tin and place in the freezer for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Scoop sorbet onto half of the biscuits. Sandwich with remaining biscuits. Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh raspberries. Makes 8.
+ The sorbet can be made a few days ahead and stored in a metal tin, covered with plastic wrap, in the freezer.
There are no comments for this entry yet.