tiramisu cheat’s soft-serve sandwiches
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 12 store-bought stroopwafel (syrup wafer) biscuits+
- 2 tablespoons store-bought chocolate-coated coffee beans, crushed
- ¾ cup (180g) mascarpone
- ¾ cup (180ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 litres store-bought vanilla ice-cream, softened
- Line a large tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the chocolate in a small bowl. Dip 1 edge of each biscuit into the chocolate and place on the tray. Sprinkle the chocolate with the crushed coffee beans and refrigerate until set.
- Place the mascarpone and cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed for 1 minute or until well combined. Add the ice-cream and beat for 1 minute or until smooth. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm star-shaped nozzle and freeze for 30 minutes or until just firm.
- Pipe a swirl of ice-cream onto 1 of the biscuits and top with another biscuit. Repeat to make 6 ice-cream sandwiches. Serve immediately. Makes 6
+ Stroopwafels, or syrup wafers, are Dutch biscuits with 2 thin waffle layers and a caramel filling. Find them in the international aisle of supermarkets or at specialty grocers.
These soft-serve sandwiches can be made up to 1 day in advance. Keep them in an airtight container in the freezer until 5 minutes before you’re ready to serve, giving them just enough time to soften.
There are no comments for this entry yet.