instant caramel almond pudding cups
- 40g unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup (55g) CSR rapadura sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (60g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla bean ice-cream or yoghurt, to serve
- Place the butter, sugar and milk in a medium heatproof jug. Place in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove the jug from the microwave and using a fork, whisk the mixture until it’s smooth. Add the egg, almond meal, baking powder and vanilla into the jug and whisk again until combined. Divide the mixture between 2 x 1-cup-capacity microwave and oven-safe mugs or ramekins.
- To microwave
Place both mugs in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until the puddings are set around the edges until wobbly in the centre
- To oven bake
Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the mugs on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until slightly wobbly in the centre.
- To serve
Serve the puddings warm with vanilla bean ice-cream or yoghurt. Makes 2
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.