Salted caramel choc-chip cookies
- 200g unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 1¼ cups (300g) CSR Dark Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup (110g) CSR Raw Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons CSR Golden Syrup
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 300g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- sea salt flakes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, sugars, vanilla, egg and golden syrup in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat, scraping down the sides of the bowl, for 8 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and chocolate and mix to combine.
- Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto large baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room to spread. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until just golden.
- Set aside to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining mixture. Sprinkle with salt to serve. Makes 28
TIPS + TRICKS:
The addition of dark brown sugar gives a rich, malty flavour to these cookie treats, and also helps keep them nicely soft and chewy on the inside.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.