- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- ¾ cup icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup (80ml) boiling water
- 20g unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320ºF). To make the chocolate icing, place the icing sugar, cocoa, water and butter in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until light and creamy. Gradually add the eggs and beat well. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until well combined. Stir in the milk. Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. While still warm, cut into squares and carefully pour over icing. Top with coconut. Makes 18.
Made this yesterday with some alterations;
Used 20x20cm square tin & cooked at 140c fan forced for 30min.
Once cooled, cut into even squares and fully dipped/covered in warm icing and coconut.
Placed in fridge 20min for icing to set.
Made 9 good pieces but it was So good it wasn’t enough and I want to make more! X