mini almond cakes
with coffee vanilla syrup
- ⅔ cup (80g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ⅔ cup (100g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ⅔ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- double (thick) cream, to serve
coffee vanilla syrup
- 1 capsule (110ml) Nespresso Envivo Lungo (lungo extraction)
- 1½ cups (265g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the almond meal, flour and caster sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the eggs, butter and vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 12 x lightly greased ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins. Cook for 22 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooking, make the coffee vanilla syrup. Place the Nespresso, brown sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan over low heat, stir to dissolve the sugar and bring to a simmer for 8–10 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Allow to cool. Top the cakes with the cream and spoon over the syrup to serve. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.