pear, maple and pecan tarte tatin
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- ¾ cup (180ml) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium brown pears, peeled and halved
- ⅓ cup (40g) pecans, chopped
- 4 sheets store-bought frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the butter, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 1–2 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Divide syrup between 2 x 14cm ovenproof frying pans and top with the pear and pecan. Press 2 pastry sheets together to form 1 thick sheet and repeat with remaining pastry sheets.
- Using a plate as a guide, cut out a 15cm round from each. Place the pastry over the pears and press down gently to secure. Using a sharp knife make a small cut in the centre of each pastry.
- Place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and cook for 30–35 minutes or until the pastry is dark golden brown. Loosen the edges with a knife and carefully turn out to serve. Makes 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.