pine-passion soft serve
- 650g finely chopped pineapple+
- ¼ cup (55g) raw sugar
- 2 cups (560g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) passionfruit pulp (about 6 passionfruit)
- Place the pineapple and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15–18 minutes or until pineapple is soft and liquid is syrupy. Set aside to cool slightly. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth. Add the yoghurt and stir well to combine. Pour into a large zip-lock plastic bag, pressing out as much air as possible, and seal. Lay the bag flat on a tray and place in the freezer for 4 hours or until frozen.
- Remove the frozen yoghurt mixture from the freezer. Using your hands, bend the bag to break up the mixture into small pieces. Place the mixture in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Pour the mixture into a large piping bag, tie the end with a rubber band to close and place in the freezer for 1 hour or until almost firm. Cut the end of the piping bag, pipe the soft serve into cups and top with the passionfruit to serve. Serves 4–6
Tips and tricks
+ You will need a 1.2kg whole fresh pineapple.
There are no comments for this entry yet.