- butter, for greasing
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar, plus extra, for dusting
- 400g teagan blue plums, stones removed and halved
- ⅓ cup (50g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease an 2 litre-capacity (8 cup) ovenproof dish with the butter and dust with sugar.
- Place the plums, cut-side up, in the dish. Place the flour, sugar, vanilla and cream in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture over the plums and bake for 35–40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream, if desired. Serves 6
TIPS + TRICKS:
+ A ‘clafoutis’ is a baked French pudding traditionally made with cherries and easily adaptable to other stone fruit.
There are no comments for this entry yet.