rose and strawberry
chilled rice puddings
- 1½ cups (280g) cooked white rice, cold
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ⅓ cup (120g) honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g strawberries, hulled and halved
- ½ teaspoon rosewater
- edible dried rose petals, to serve+
- pistachios, chopped to serve
- Place the rice, cream, milk, ¼ cup (90g) of the honey and the vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6–8 minutes or until hot and thickened. Divide between 4 x ¾-cup-capacity (180ml) serving glasses and refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- Place the strawberry, the remaining 1 tablespoon of honey and the rosewater in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Top each pudding with the strawberry mixture. Sprinkle with rose petals and pistachios to serve. Makes 4
+ Find edible dried rose petals (pesticide-free) at specialty food stores, grocers and delicatessens.
There are no comments for this entry yet.