raspberry and vanilla coconut ice
- 1.28kg icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 6 cups (480g) desiccated coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (460g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (140g) frozen raspberries, thawed
- a few drops of red food colouring
- Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm x 3.5cm slice tin and line with non-stick baking paper. Set aside.
- Place half the sugar, half the coconut and the vanilla in a large bowl. Add 1¼ cups (380g) of the condensed milk and mix well to combine. Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Press evenly into the base of the prepared tin.
- Place the remaining sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Add the raspberries and food colouring and, using your fingers, rub the mixture until the raspberries are well combined. Add the remaining condensed milk and mix to combine.
- Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Press the raspberry mixture into the tin over the vanilla layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3–4 hours, or until set.
- Slice the coconut ice into 3cm x 4cm pieces. Makes 50 pieces.
+ Store coconut ice in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
There are no comments for this entry yet.