salted chocolate brownie cookies
- 225g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) white (granulated) sugar
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- sea salt flakes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the butter and both chocolates in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the eggs, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add the flour and stir until well combined. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm slightly.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cookie mixture, in batches, onto 2 large lightly greased baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room to spread. Cook for 8 minutes or until firm to the touch. Set aside on the trays to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with the salt to serve. Makes 30
This recipe calls for both regular dark chocolate and 70-% dark chocolate, this is to achieve a depth of flavour without the added sweetness but if you prefer you can use the same dark chocolate for both quantities.
There are no comments for this entry yet.